Re: [FWDLK] engine oils

I do believe too that synthetic is the way to go,but I always used Mobil 1 in my HEMI that's in my 58 Fury,because finding heavier viscosities is a little hard around here,everyone carries 5 or 10W30,I switched to Valvoline synthetic for one oil change,I lost 7 pounds of pressure driving,4 pounds at idle and ate up a bearing.It may have been coming either way,but it sure seems strange.I've always used Valvoline coventional in all of my other cars without any problems,but if the bearing was on it's way out or not,why the drop in oil pressure instantly from one brand to the next? I was using Mobil 1 15W50 and had switched to Valvoline Syntec 20w50.
Adam Lindenbaum
58 (Broken) 426 HEMI/4 speed Fury
57 Savoy Kustom