Re: [FWDLK] Boyd Coddington's performance

Re: [FWDLK] Boyd Coddington's performance

I didn't know who Boyd was until last week and read all the chatter (bashing?) here about him, but everyone seems to have 'missed' his opening comment before the unveiling, that "Miss Belvedere should remain just the way she is now, and for the next 50 years," essentially reflecting the exact sentiment that has been expressed here over and over.

After all, I am surprised they got the trunk open and the hood, both supporting themselves apparently on the original springs/torsion bars?  Also surprised the passenger window was able to be 'rolled down,' I figured they had smashed that out, not just a 'standard vent window smash . . . '

For now, I'll reserve my opinions on Boyd . . . I like the nostalgia of a correct original or restored car, but judging by nearly all the local shows, a lot of people think otherwise as well.

And- I thought it was great to see that shiny spot on the front bumper, I think she deserves a 'gentle' hand washing!  Maybe 'original' cars should never be washed?  -I guess this one is more 'historical . . .'

IMHO,

-Bob

PS- so who has been determined to be the rightful new owner of the car?  I assume they are in the process of trying to contact the winner?