Re: [FWDLK] "Belvedere brouhaha"

Hello All,
I've kept quiet about our little Belve just reading everything all of you were writing. I watched the live feed as they took her out, and the unvailing.
Yes- Boyd is a Hack.  He should stick to the crap he creates for TV.  I rank him right up there with Jesse James in terms of what he does to cars/trucks/etc.
Also- I believe I commented a couple of years ago that the vault would be full of water or the top would have collapsed.  So- no surprise whtn it was found full of water.
In addition- I'd love to see the old girl cleaned up- at least a good wash and remove all the Cosmoline that was put on when she was 'stored'.  I mean the intention was to preserve the car- which means that the 'preservative' should now be removed- as it was intended to be removed by those who buried her.
Other than that- it shouldn't be touch- with the exception of removing the rotting cloth- this is a real health concern so it should go.  But leave the broken springs, flat tires, rusted whatever.
Yes- I've seen boneyard cars that were worst that were restored- because the owner WANTED to- same reason any of us do.
And maybe that's the key- come Friday- with luck- Miss B will have a new owner.
It should be that new owner's decision as to what to do with the car.
How would one of you like it if you were told what to do with a FL car you just aquired?  I'd think most of you would not be happy being told what you had to/had not to do with a car you just got.  We should respect the wishes of whoever that new owner is- again- this was the intention of those who buried her.
Finally- I don't think you're gonna see clones- who would want to do that?  You didn't see 'Joe Dirt' Charger Daytona's after that movie came out, so I see no reason why anyone would want to build a car they couldn't drive.
What has/will happen is that our beloved FL cars are finally getting some exposure and respect.  I get sick to death of going to car shows and seeing nothing but 57 Ch*vy BelAirs and F*rd T-birds.  It's about time Exner got some due for the groundbreaking designs that he brought to a (otherwise) boring marketplace.

Whew- been waiting awhile to get all of that out.

Just MY pennies-
Charles.