Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Many of you have heard this story from me before…

Feb, 1986:  I rode my bicycle past a house (4828 Wexford Run Road, Marshall, PA) and saw an old green 1958 Chrysler with a white roof… a white -convertible- roof… and it was for sale.  The owners were moving, and they wanted to sell it before they left. I begged my parents to let me spend the $1,600 on this running, inspected old convertible, with just some minor rust in the quarters.  They refused, saying it “would never be worth anything”.

So, sadly I had to pass on the $1,600 1958 Chrysler 300D convertible.

Auuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite my best efforts, and the help of some folks at the 300 Club, I have never found out what happened to that car.

-Dave

PS – I also miss my $50 1974 Dodge Dart (slant 6).  Owned it for three years as my ‘backup’ car for my job as a delivery driver.  I put gas in it only once – on the night we attacked Iraq during Desert Storm – and it never needed it after that.  I swear that car got 60 mpg.  I had no title, no registration, a “T-Plate” I took from a junkyard, no inspection, and worst of all, no radio.  It always started on the first turn of the key, even after sitting for months.  I ended up giving it away to some guy who asked me to sell him just the back seat.