Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:55 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Engine ID

I have a couple of flat head 6 engines that I though one was a 56 and one a 55 (at least that the cars they came out of.
Anyone know how to ID what year the engines are?

The 56 engine was an automatic car and the crankshaft has 8 holes in it.
The 55 was a stick shift car and the crankshafe has 4 holes in it.
I was all set to swap the 55 motor into my 56 when I discovered this difference.
So I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Nick