Re: [FWDLK] Engine running fine...dies...won't re-start

Re: [FWDLK] Engine running fine...dies...won't re-start

Garrett -

If you are trying to diagnose this problem, I wouldn't worry about the fuel
filter for now. I've run my 58 Ply without a ceramic filter and it works
fine. If it's broken, then remove it so that small chips don't break off and
get stuck in the carb's needle and seat. In fact, it's possible that this
could be the problem.

If you have old gas in the tank, remove it and flush it out. Do NOT attempt
to remove the drain plug in the bottom of the tank. You will never re-seat
it to the point that it doesn't leak.

While you have the tank off, pull the sending unit and put a new filter on
the pickup tube end. Have you ever done this since you've owned the car ?
It'll prevent you from having similar problems down the road that may result
from crap getting in the line.

How long has it been since the carb was rebuilt ? If that has never been
done and the above doesn't solve the problem, then that should be your next
area of attention.

Don't look for a quick fix. Use the above to solve the problem. Let us know
if you have any questions.

Ron