Re: [FWDLK] Needed: 57 Dual Point Distributor Vacuum Advance

Re: [FWDLK] Needed: 57 Dual Point Distributor Vacuum Advance

This is from way back...

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Dave Stragand wrote:

This exchange took place between me and an AutoZone employee this evening...

ME: "I need front and rear transmission seals for a 1958 Plymouth with a Torqueflite."

AZ: "Hmmm... The computer says there weren't any Plymouths built before 1962."

ME: "The computer is wrong.  Do you have a -book- that shows the seals? I can look it up myself, if you'd like."

AZ: "Are you sure it's not a '62?"

ME: "Yes. Very sure."

AZ: "Then it's not a Plymouth. They didn't make them until 1962.  What model is it again?"

ME: "A Savoy. A PLYMOUTH Savoy. 1958."

AZ: "I thought you said it was a 'Witchy Tork Fly' or something..."

ME: "WITH A TORQUEFLITE.  The transmission is a Torqueflite. Torqueflite. 3 speed. PLYMOUTH. The model is a Savoy. 1958."

AZ: "Hmmm... 58... 58... Oh!  It's an Oldsmobile, not a Plymouth."

ME: "No, I'm very sure it's a Plymouth."

AZ: "Well, it's an Oldsmobile, actually. Like the Ninety-Eight."

ME: "Do you have a manager around here somewhere? Anywhere? Please?"

AZ: "Hmmm.. The computer isn't showing any 3 speed transmissions for a 1998 Oldsmobile... and they don't list that model, either..."

ME: "1958... PLYMOUTH... SAVOY... WITH... A... 3... SPEEED... TORQUEFLITE... TRANSMISSION..."

AZ: "I'm sorry, sir, they didn't make the Plymouth until 1962..."

ME: "LISTEN CAREFULLY. Do you have a manager around here somewhere?"

AZ: "Why?  Is there something wrong?"