Re: Fwd: decoding VIN and fender tag

On 21 01/11/07, shuntich@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Bill and group: Thanks for the decoding work. Another member came to the
> same conclusions although you added a bit. The build sheet that I got
> in a folder of materials for this car appears not to be a build sheet
> for the Polara 500, but a parts car that the floors and engine were
> taken from. Although the engine is in a location some distance from me,
> it had a 2 brl. manifold and I believe that it is a 318. The question I
> have now is why did someone save this build sheet. Could it be because
> it had such a late date on it--0430 with 1962 printed on the top of the
> sheet. Does anyone know if April 30, 1962 was near the end of the 1962
> model run? If so, that may explain why the sheet was saved.

the production ran  until early July for most years... 1962 was a slow
one,  I don't know when they would have shut operations down for
retooling the 1963 models.  0430 would be early to go that.

as to why was the build sheet saved..?  well...  for one, they are cool!
plus they are good reference even if it doesn't match your car...
plus,, why not?

----

http:///u/?..