B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 03:44AM

Keep that in mind, thanks

Verzonden vanuit Outlook<http://taps.io/outlookmobile>

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM -0700, "Roland Osborne" ...more
Stan Kafouse <skafouse@xxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 01:18PM

So there is no "off the shelf" piston for a 4 inch crank?  A piston is much smaller at the very top for expansion purposes.  When you cut .120 off the top you change the thermal expansion  design ...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 08:47AM -0500

Very much looking forward to alternative suggestions!

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:18 AM ...more
B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 04:05PM

I saw Summit has 318 pistons ,3.97 bore and 1.658 comp.dist.
Hughes has a340 main 3.58 stroke cranck. ( 354cid).

With the std rods, in my opinion that would make 1.79+6.123+1.658= 9.571.

...more
B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 04:06PM

I saw Summit has 318 pistons ,3.97 bore and 1.658 comp.dist.
Hughes has a340 main 3.58 stroke cranck. ( 354cid).

With the std rods, in my opinion that would make 1.79+6.123+1.658= 9.571.

...more
B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 04:13PM

P.s. Pistons are KB cast flattops

Verzonden vanuit Outlook<http://taps.io/outlookmobile>

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM -0700, "B M" <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>> ...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Aug 06 12:10PM -0500

74cc combustion chamber… gasket nominal .075 compressed