Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 34 updates in 7

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 34 updates in 7 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
318 poly.vs 360
Tony Richey <trcharger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 01:34AM

Well I am 56 and been around mopars all my life. But never had a poly..  until now that is.. I just got a 48 dodge coupe and it has a poly but it is locked up.   I plan to try and unstick it but if ...more
Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 06 09:22PM -0500

Yes la will bolt right up. Be advised polys are internal balance other are not necessarily. So balancing is critical the converter is part of the balance trick.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® ...more
Tony Richey <trcharger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 02:38AM

Thank you for the reply..  they looked the same but wanted to ask..  thanks again

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Jason Rhoades<Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ...more
victor spikes <vicsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 03:05AM

Depends on what year poly you have and the trans that is behind it ,Plymouth polys from 1956 through 1960 used a 8 bolt crank so you need to find out what year poly you have or should I say what trans ...more
Cory Rempel <Cory_383@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 03:27AM

When it comes to the tranny you can make a hybrid tranny. Had to do it with my 65 Polara wen me and a buddy swapped in a 440 where the 318 poly was. We took the 440 bell housing, original valve body ...more
victor spikes <vicsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 03:43AM

If you have a cast iron auto trans the later poly or the La motor won't bolt up if you have a aluminum trans then yes it will
________________________________
...more
B M <polara1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 04:49AM

As far as I know, there is 1 bold or hole that doesn't match
But that shouldn't be a problem.

And you probably have thought about it, but why not replace it for another Poly😬😎. ...more
victor spikes <vicsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 06:00AM

Well if it's a later poly he is in luck but the early ones you have to use a adapter and spacer due to a snot on the rear of the crankshaft of the early polys
________________________________ ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 07:29AM -0600

assuming you mean the transmission bolt pattern.
Yes they do.

Jimmy

...more
Ray Bell <raybell46@xxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 02:13PM -0800

Come on guys, let's get this information right!

Up until 1961 models the Poly had BOTH differences, a different bolt and
dowel pattern AND a longer crank with 8-bolt flange instead of 6-bolt.
...more
Tony Richey <trcharger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 10:34PM

Thank u guys for the info and the advise.. main reason I wouldnt replace it with a poly is I dont have one.. I have a 225 slant 6 and 3 spd. Sittind around.  A 318, 360 and a extra 440. ...more
"zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx" <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Feb 07 04:56PM -0600