IML: 1958 turn signal question

Friends,

For some time now I have been trying to diagnose the problem with the turn signals on my 1958 Crown. Both turn signals will operate from the flipper control but the left turn cancels itself infrequently and the right turn almost never. The left will cancel from the manual cancel button but the right turn usually will not. In fact, when you press the manual cancel for the right turn there is an audible "buzz" sounding like you gave the wrong answer on a quiz show. Sometimes by pressing the cancel button numerous time, the right turn will finally cancel. Usually though I have to flip from right turn to left turn and then press the cancel button, which is way too complicated. I am trying to determine if the problem is in the switch itself or the "brain" circuit board that is attached to the column. I don't have a replacement switch to try, so I am at a loss as to how to test this out. Can any '58 or '59 owner help me here? I believe both years use the same switch set up. Thanks so much!