Re: IML: '56 Freeze Plugs

In light of the fact I am going to undertake the replacement of all the freeze plugs in my '56 354, as she is down for the winter, I am in the process of getting the plugs {1 5/8, is that correct?} what would the recommended procedure be to make sure I get as much 'old residuals' out of the block as possible as I am sure these are original plugs. Thanks in advance.

I am doing the same thing this winter to get ready for my annual trip to Chattanooga (a 1200 mile round trip) for the spring Imperial Gathering (please note shameless plug for Robert Soule's event). I have had a few people suggest using the pressure washer to blow out everything you can and this is what I plan to do. Sorry I don't know what size that you use but I would suggest that you use brass freeze plugs when you replace them so that you will never have to do it again.

                  Steve B.