Re: [FWDLK] head liner strips

Jim Wilson wrote:

> I have been trying to find the plastic strips that run between the
> headliner pieces on the
> 58 and finally found the place that made them for Mopar. They only have
> them in 44.5 in.
> size instead of the orig lengths but will set up and run them for (gasp!)
> only $150
> a pair in charcoal color if any one is interested I will give the phone
> number to you.
> I have to think for a while whether I want to spend 75 a strip for a piece
> of non standard
> color plastic.
> Jim

My buddy with the 58 Fury has been looking for some headliner chrome
strips for 3 years now, and has finally decided that he will make a tool
up (He is a toolmaker) get a mile or so extruded and then get it
plastic-chrome plated on the inside-as they were for the Fury. Even
going to these lengths, there is no way it will cost him $150 per car
set, so if you can-hold off on that purchase and I'll keep you posted on
progress.
The latest response to his search for these was that there are none for
sale either used, NOS or reproduced in USA!
He too has heard of availability from later model vans, but apparently
those are a slightly different shape.
Glenn.