Re: [FWDLK] Dead by the year 2000?

Via Yahoo Michigan News -

Report: Plymouth On The Rocks - (DETROIT) -- Daimler-Chrysler could confirm
as soon as next month long-standing speculation that it will cancel its
economy-class Plymouth nameplate, an American icon for more than 70 years.
The "Detroit News" is reporting the German-American automaker has made
several steps signaling its intention, including discontinuing Plymouth
brand sales in Canada last year and quietly offering a lower-priced Chrysler
Cirrus for budget-minded buyers. The Cirrus L-X has raised speculation that
its twin, the Plymouth Breeze, could soon be discontinued. Daimler-Chrysler
spokesman Jan Zverina didn't confirm or deny the report, saying "I think the
story ties together a lot of speculation. There's been no announcement
regarding any of our brands." Car dealers told the newspaper that Plymouth
has no future products, indicating its future is in doubt. Plymouth has been
part of the Chrysler family since 1927.