Re: [FWDLK] What she doesn't know - or does know!

"Sperduto, Nick" wrote:

> "I guess I'm in a different boat than you guys or ......"

Gang, my wife and I solved this problem many years ago when she mentioned an old
car to me that she really liked (a 57 T Bird) so we got it and she drove it for
a summer before deciding it drove like a truck and made her shoulder ache!

She enjoys cars in general and attending old car shows as well, so the next car
for her was a another 57 - a Studebaker Golden Hawk!  More power, a blower etc
and a few more refinements like p steering than the Bird had. It too didn't
drive like her daily driver at the time (Dodge Daytona Turbo with a stick) so it
went the way of the Bird.

Finally, we identified the problem. (meanwhile I am buying old FWDLK cars with
no resistance)  In addition to a fast car she needed a manual transmission, p
steering, nice stereo, a/c, p windows, p brakes and a unique stylish body.  I
asked her to let me know what she would really be happy with as a summer or
collector car driver.

One day she came home all excited about a car she saw on the road - it was a
light yellow coupe that reminded her of the T Bird but was not a Bird and it was
a newer car. She couldn't identify it but kept giving me details about what it
looked like and we would point out different cars on the road for weeks with no
connects.

Then it hit me! I showed her a picture of a Chrysler Maserati TC in light yellow
and she said "YES!!" that was the one.  What followed was a search through
Hemmings, Old Cars and other pubs until we located a low mileage car with the
Turbo, 5 speed manual in light yellow with the tan leather interior. Well, let
me tell you that car has been her favorite ever since and she even showed it at
the National Chrysler meet in Detroit a few years ago capturing a national First
Place!

I suspect all my future old car issues will be moot with her as long as she has
her special wheels. So, you guys might try this solution. Let her pick out an
old car as her own and introduce her to the fun of the hobby. She may become
part of your solution instead!

Brian
D500s in Mi