Re: [FWDLK] Fuel Pump...

On 8/31/2010 10:34 PM, Garrett wrote:

snip

Another question about my Dodge. Since I drained (siphoned) most/all of
the old gas out of the tank, but there is still some in the actual fuel
line, is there an easy way to drain this (disconnect fuel line from pump
and will it drain back into the tank)? I've been meaning to ask.

Thanks,
Garrett

I would think that adding a air stream into the fuel line at the union where you take it off the carb back towards the tank should evacuate the line within a few minutes, a bike pump, a sports ball pump, a small compressor, anything that can generate up to maybe 10psi would do it. REMOVE the gas cap from the tank fill tube.

We use the small 110V portable air compressor I bought years ago at a swap meet to clear out the garden hose on its cart at the end of summer, really lightens the load when we have to store it away for the winter.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy